What is the Online Retrieval Service?
The IVS (Online Retrieval Service) offers direct online access to international databases from all areas of medicine. Using our extensive experience of different databases, their structures and retrieval languages, we can support and advise you in the search for literature, evidence and facts. We can create a tailored search profile for you and assess, select and prepare results according to your specific needs.
We conduct …
- a professional search in scientific literature databases and prepare results according to your wishes.
We provide ...
- a monthly update of the most current references for your subject area (click here to establish a standing order).
We create ...
- citation analyses indicating how often authors or their publications have been cited in a given period.
We deliver ...
- Toxicological data
- Systematic literature reviews
- Pharmaceutical information
- Patient information
Please contact one of our colleagues listed below by email or telephone. If you wish to, it is possible for you to be present during the database enquiry to help pinpoint possible search terms and research strategies.
Scientific searching / one-to-one training
(literature search, evaluation of sources, citation analysis)
For students and staff of the Medical University of Vienna as well as Vienna General Hospital (AKH), the cost for scientific searching orders is currently covered by the Medical University of Vienna.
For external customers and companies, a charge of €65 applies.
For larger orders a price-quotation will be given.